High-Pressure Hydrogenation Lab at the University of Guelph
The Schlaf Group operates the CFI-funded High-Pressure Hydrogenation at the University of Guelph.
We invite inquiries from potential industrial partners interested in engaging in collaborative projects using this unique facility.
Operating parameters and capabilities:
- Spark- and explosion-proof lab set-up with blow-out walls.
- Remote operation and surveillance.
- Up to 340 atm of hydrogen pressure at 500 oC.
- Highly corrosion resistant.
- Mass flow controllers enable measurement and control of hydrogen flow into reactors at temperature and pressure (… this enables direct kinetic measurements).
- Injection of reactant or catalysts solution at temperature and pressure.
- Liquid and/or gas sampling at temperature and pressure.
… and yes all students are trained on and use this facility !